How to set up a SIG
The following are the steps for setting up a new Special Interest Group.
- Proposal to the Executive Council
- determining the area
- identifying the principal actors (at least 10 members)
- showing conformance to the association’s charter and commitment to openness and formal ontology
- Setting up a committee of at least two elected officers plus a liaison officer for reporting back to the Association
- Formulating a charter:
- mission statement
- (optionally) further specific regulations
When the proposal is accepted:
- Initial period of 6 months to get going
- Annual reports back to the Association
- Partial financial support from the Association may be possible (applications evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
For more information send an email to info
We look forward to hearing from you.