General Assembly and Ballot Opening
Dear IAOA members,
I declare our General Assembly open, starting with a virtual part, namely the voting period for the Executive Council elections. The ballot is open from August 8 till August 15, 2022 (23:59, AoE = UTC-12).
To cast your vote, you have to:
* log in onto this website (or top-right menu item)
(Note: if you cannot log in, you might have lost your password –see https://iaoa.org/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword, or you haven’t renewed your membership. Membership registration is blocked during the ballot period.)
* go to the 2022 Executive Council Election page
* cast your vote by clicking your preferences in the voting form and submitting it
(Note: you are selecting up to 9 candidates as EC members. You may select less than nine; if you select zero (0) candidates, this counts as abstaining)
The Candidates for the new EC are, in alphabetical order:
- Ken Baclawski (Northeastern University, Boston, MA, USA)
- Boyan Brodaric (Natural Resources Canada, Ottawa, Canada)
- Torsten Hahmann (University of Maine, Orono, ME, USA)
- Megan Katsumi (University of Toronto, Canada)
- Oliver Kutz (Free University of Bolzano, Italy)
- Frank Loebe (University of Leipzig, Germany)
- Fabian Neuhaus (Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany)
- Guendalina Righetti (Free University of Bolzano, Italy)
- Tiago Prince Sales (University of Twente, The Netherlands)
- Emilio Sanfilippo (Laboratory for Applied Ontology, ISTC-CNR, Trento, Italy)
They are listed on the assembly wiki page together with their position statements, nomination and support messages, as well as the details of the election process.
Should you have any question, comment or motion proposal, feel free to send a message to info <at> iaoa.org, or to post a public message to the iaoa-member list.
Please don’t forget to CAST YOUR VOTE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, EVEN IF YOU INTEND TO ABSTAIN. Every vote is important!
The voting period closes on August 15, 2022 at 23:59, AoE (= UTC-12)
Election results will be announced on the mailing list on August 17, 2022 and live during the Assembly on August 18, 2022 at JOWO.
Should you have any doubt or problem, don’t hesitate to contact the IAOA Secretaries, Megan Katsumi and Frank Loebe at secretary <at> iaoa.org
Thanks for your participation,